The Blackwell Keep is the residence of the caretaker of Wyrmroost Dragon Sanctuary. Due to the uniqueness of the Wyrmroost Sanctuary predators, the caretaker, Agad , cannot venture beyond its walls. Guests can only stay on the first and last nights of their stay, otherwise they risk having the keep compromised. The keep itself is like a small, protected castle, designed to provide residence to the caretaker and protect the Blackwell.
- Camarat/Marat - Dragon, ex-co-caretaker of Wyrmroost, currently assistant-caretaker
- Henrick - Alcetaur, gamekeeper of Wyrmroost
- Romnus - Minotaur, appears to be responsible for the dungeons
- Brunwin - Minotaur
- Tonak - Minotaur, used to be a staff member, he was found out to be a traitor
- Myrna - Found out as a traitor, appears to have been involved in food making
- Simrin - "Snake lady with four arms"
- Obun - Dwarf, he and Didger run the stables
- Didger - Dwarf, he and Obun run the stables
- Unnamed ridge troll, described as cunning and eager to take advantage of Kendra and Seth
- Unnamed Goblin, described by Bracken as: "will not betray you, but would steal from you if he could get away with it"
- Unnamed Hobgoblin, decribed as "amusing, but not much use in a fight"
- 2 unnamed older woman, described as selfish, none too kindly, and given to gossip
- 3 unnamed dwarves, they work as guards
- 11 Luvians
- Glory, she likes to read, and she writes poems
- Noble, he is a reluctant reader but the fastes runner
- Starshine, she is a chess fanatic, she plays it half the day playing it and reads about it the other half
- Socrates, he is a chess fanatic, he plays it half the day playing it and reads about it the other half
- Unnamed stallion
- 3 mules
- 5 griffins
- 4 unnamed griffins
- Greater Map room
- Smaller Map room
- Caretakers's Wing
- Blackwell room